Since eyes are the most beautiful feature of any individual, puffy eyes or bags under the eyes can put you in an embarrassing situation. Under eyes need special care, and puffiness is often a signal of stress and fatigue. Your eyes are the window to your soul and such a condition can change your whole appearance, making you look sick or old. This makes under eye care important.
Causes for Puffy Eyes:
There are several reasons that cause bags under the eyes -
- High-salt diet
- Medical conditions
- Natural aging process.
Eczema, chronic fatigue, and sun exposure could be some other causes.
Ways to get rid of these:
Although puffy eyes can be bothersome, the good news is that the condition doesn’t usually impact your vision or health. If you want to reduce the puffiness around your eyes, here are some solutions:
● Use cold compress: Cooling the area under your eyes lessens inflammation and swelling by reducing the blood flow. You can place anything cold, such as chilled cucumber slices, an ice pack, or even refrigerated spoons over closed eyes for a few minutes.
● Caffeine: Caffeine constricts blood vessels, and many companies are today using it in their eye creams to reduce under-eye puffiness. You can also try resting chilled tea bags or caffeinated black tea on closed eyes for a few minutes to get rid of the swelling.
● Stay hydrated: Since water makes up about 60% of your body weight, it may not be surprising that dehydration can contribute to under-eye bags. Increasing your water intake should help you in reducing puffiness.
● Quit smoking: Smoking may not only give you dark circles and eye wrinkles, but also other issues like under-eye bags and discoloration. Quitting smoking may help with eye puffiness as well as a host of other health issues.
● Getting enough sleep: Sometimes, not getting enough shut-eye can lead to puffy eyes. Get at least eight hours of quality sleep to prevent under-eye bags. Getting adequate sleep may also help prevent under-eye dark circles.
Under eye serum: While there are many eye care creams available in the market, finding an effective and safe eye cream for puffiness may be challenging. However, nanotechnology-based under eye gel serum is found to be effective in many cases. These serums are producing impressive results. You can choose the best eye serum after a careful search.